Fertile Journeys

December 3, 2009

It’s been a while…

Filed under: Uncategorized — by lhoham @ 8:51 pm

I’m pretty much the worst blogger on the face of the earth!

Things here are chugging along pretty nicely. Not without complications, of course, but doing fine nonetheless. Baby Boy is measuring just perfect in the 54th percentile – he’s just shy of 2 pounds or so right now. He’s kicking a lot and I’m really enjoying that part!!

I think I had previously mentioned the issues I was having with my heart. I went in for an echo to check on my mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation. My MVP is still there and they found a second leak in my heart – this time in the tricuspid valve. My right ventricle was a bit enlarged as well. So that had me all in a panic (clearly that’s helpful when you are dealing with a heart issue…). Turns out they can’t do anything about it anyway except for treat the symptoms and it won’t hurt the baby. I started getting very bad heart palpitations – so bad in fact that some days I was pretty much useless because I was so fatigued. A few weeks ago they finally put me on some heart medicine that has made me feel a million times better – a new woman, actually. I was put on Procardia (a calcium channel blocker). So now I feel great! I will have to get another echo after I evict the baby from my tummy to see if the second leak goes away or not. My guess is it won’t (because a few years ago they had already noticed degeneration in that valve so I think the leak is just secondary to that…). Either way, it’s fine right now!

So I felt GREAT for a week – a whole week – seven days. It was amazing. My body felt good. My palpitations were under control. The fatigue was better.

And then the cramping/tightness/pressure started.

And you know what that buys you? A ticket to L&D of course! We had our first visit to L&D thinking I was having contractions or something. Turns out they were NOT contractions (thankfully!). They couldn’t figure out why I was having all the discomfort and told me to follow up with my OB. Which I did – they wanted to be cautious and see if it went away. It didn’t. But, luckily it’s not changing my cervix. So, while we don’t know why I’m having all the issues we know at this point they are not progressing to labor. Thank goodness – that means I can stay up and about. I DO NOT want bedrest again…been there, done that.

And…I got to go back to work!! I was super anxious about it. I had a lot of mixed feelings about going back. But, the doctor cleared me on Monday and Tuesday was my first day back. It was good to be back! I can be productive again and get out of the house. It’s good. I did a half day on Tuesday and a full day on Wednesday – and today…well today I paid for it. I had a LOT of tightness and some braxton hicks in the morning. I also hurt all over. After 3 1/2 months of no working, a full day took it all out of me. But, I felt better in the afternoon and was able to get a few things done around the house. I go back tomorrow for another half day. After 2 weeks of part-time, I will go to full-time (assuming I am still standing!). So the clock is on to see how long I can work for…I figure every day there is a small victory!

So that’s my update. I know I’ve been an awful blogger – I’ve just been doing stuff and enjoying my freedom I guess! Plus, there isn’t much to report! Oh – Bill the Bleed is pretty much gone! They told me he was completely gone, but last week they did find some remnants of him – it’s fine though b/c it’s all old and not growing and it’s just spots (not the huge bleed it was before!).

Now I’m just getting ready for the holidays! My parents and sister will come to visit which is awesome! We cannot travel this year due to the pregnancy and the fact that I shouldn’t go more than about 1 hour from the hospital. So that leaves us stuck here! It’ll be fun to have Christmas in our home though! It’ll be the first year having Christmas in our house (even though we’ve lived here for 2 1/2 years)!

I’m hoping my husband will take some new belly shots of me soon and I can post. I’m getting big!! I hit 25 weeks today and it shows! LOL.

Take care my blogger friends – thanks for reading!

P.S. We bought baby furniture by the way! We have a crib and dresser/changing table – they are not put together yet though – soon!


1 Comment »

  1. Yay for an update!!! I found it so hard to update the blog during my pregnancy even though I had all the time in the world. I’m glad you are back to work and the new medication is helping you feel better. Keep taking it easy and one step at a time.

    Happy Holidays! I bet you begin to start some new traditions as a new family.

    Comment by Amy from SK — December 4, 2009 @ 9:16 am |Reply

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: